Saturday 5 June 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge 21

Hello again, another lovely morning, heaven knows what the afternoon will bring, did any of you get that deluge last night!!!

My card today is another for my Christmas box, it is looking very healthy now and yes I do feel quite smug! The Bah Humbug challenge this week is 'Acetate'. Now when I saw this one, my heart did sink a bit. I don't think I have ever used acetate and have never bought any so the Internet had to come to my rescue again.  After a quick search of the online galleries and some videos on Youtube (well I say a quick search, it wasn't really cos once you start looking you get sidetracked and then forget what you are looking for in the first place lol) this is what I came up with.

I had an old box on top of my wardrobe that a scrapbook kit came in and it had an acetate window in the lid, so I pinched that (never throw anything away ha ha).

I cut a window in my card with my nestie and then made a frame out of silver card with the next size up. I sandwiched the acetate between the 2 cards and then used a lovely snowflake peeloff on the outside and also put one on the inside too.  I then embellished the rest of the card with smaller snowflakes and cut out a label with my x cut punch and added a peeloff sentiment/border and attached with a little gold brad.


I am also entering this card into Susie and Vikki's Challenge as this week it is snowflakes.

10 comments:

the crafty duck said...

hi Debs, this is stunning!! Love the snowflake and your acetate frame looksfab!! Lots of love Steph

coops said...

fantastic card debs, i love how you have used the acetate.love the snowflake, a really eyecatching card.luv coops.xx

Beverly G said...

Very stunning, great use of what's on hand. You're so right about the YouTube thing. :-)

Annie said...

oh my goodness this is gorgeous - I bet you are really pleased you gave it a go now. Such a stunning card. Know what you mean about being distracted while doing the research, but heh look at the card that you made - it was all worth it.
Ann xxx
Just for Fun
Bah! Humbug!

Max said...

Wow Debs ... this card is gorgeous.
Love how you used your nesties for the window shape.
I can also sympathise with the 'getting sidetracked' issue but a woman's gotta' do what a woman's gotta' do LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Lori said...

Absolutely love the transparent panel, the snowflake steals the show. Thanks for joining susie and vikki's challenge this week.

Evgenia Petzer said...

Lovely card!!! Thank you for playing with us at Susie and Vikki's Christmas club this week, hope to see you again next week.

Trisha said...

Simply beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Susie and Vikki's this week! XXX Trish

Claire said...

What a beauty! I love the nestie window - its a perfect frame for the lovely snowflake
Claire xx

Irene said...

Hello Debs

Your card is stunning and goregous, the acetate window is just perfect for the snowflake.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

luv
irene
xxxx