Saturday 19 February 2011

Christmas Card (Sort Of) #7

Good afternoon everyone. Another miserable day here in Manchester, drizzly rain and freezing cold.  The crocus have started to pop up though so hopefully it will warm up soon.

My project today is for the Bah Humbug Challenge which this week is Ann's Challenge 'Use a CD/DVD.  I checked on Splitcoast Stampers and found the instructions to make a CD/DVD holder.


and here's a pic of it open

Emily is a real film buff and always gets loads of DVDs for Christmas so I might make a few more of these.

I have used the Penny Black stamp Winter Snuggles from the Jolly Holly set and coloured with Promarkers.  I have used glamour dust for the snow.  The papers are Stamping Up and the Sentiment is from last years Bah Humbug win.

I am also entering this into:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything but a card.
Secret Crafter - Fancy Folds

13 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That's brilliant sideways thinking to make a holder - love it & shall definitely have a look at that template. Love the hedgie card with your colours & that snow. Love the flap with the emossing & the green snowflake paper.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky said...

What a fabulous project Debs and such a brill idea. Great image too hun and beautifully coloured :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining our "Fancy Fold" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks lovely Debs :) Love all the detail and I really like that snowflake embossing. Lovely colours on this and great folds.

Im so pleased you are keeping up with the christmas theme. I still havent packed all my stuff away, so really need to think about making couple. I expect it gets easier when you have done a few :)

We have snow here today (again) and so I think Im in the mood to make a christmas card! lol. My new punch was from QVC's TSV of Martha Stewart, so a really good price for a set of 3!

take care,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Annie said...

oh Debs that is just gorgeous. Crikey if I got a DVD in a package like that I wouldn't be bothered what the film was I would be so entranced looking at the hedgies.
It's totally fab. So glad you found the challenge not as stressful as you imagined.
Next week's is really easy - chosen by Max so no worries there.
Ann xxx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Debs this is gorgeous, love the hedgies and excellent lateral thinking!! Still deciding what to do for mine!1 Love Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, great idea. Must admit I looked at this weeks challenge, and thought not for me! Maybe I'll give it a go if I get chance! Sue x

Lorraine said...

this is awesome Deb i love it i would love to try and make one of these and your colouring is gorgeous as always xx

Kathyk said...

Just lovely

Kathyk

Rita said...

What a lovely Idea Debs. Its fabulous. Hugs Rita xx

Helen said...

Awww...so cute!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Gina said...

I love your DVD holder and that hedgehog stamp is just too cute for words.
Gina x

Max said...

We both had every confidence that you would create something wonderful once you got those grey cells buzzing - and we were SOOOOOOO right! This is a beautiful idea and much nicer than the horrid plastic cases. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT