Sunday 17 April 2011

Christmas Card #14

Good morning everyone, had an early start this morning so thought I would get cracking on this week's Christmas Card.  We were up at 5.30 as Chris is doing a 20k run today 'Offa's 'Orror' down in  Tintern near Chepstow.  It's a multi terrain race so running on footpaths and forest trails and up and down hills.  I think he's mad but he loves it.  Anyway it leaves me in peace to craft.  Not going down to watch, it's about 3 hours away but my sister and brother in law live down there and are going to cheer him on and let him use their shower afterwards!!

Anyway onto my card.  I tend to shy away from black and white challenges 'cos I am rubbish at colouring in with greys and blacks but the DT on Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge have used colour on their images so thought it would be okay if I did too!!


I am also entering it into the following challenges:
Bah Humbug - Stockings
ABC Christmas Challenge - Hotspot or Spotlight Technique

I really enjoyed making this card, it took me out of my comfort zone but I think that's a good thing sometimes, isn't it.  I haven't tried this spotlight technique before but think it is very effective and will definitely try it again.  I've used this lovely Mo Manning image 'Pammy's Stocking' and coloured the spotlight bit with Promarkers and added a bit of glamour dust to the top of the stocking.  The backing papers are from Summer Driggs 'Year to Shine' kit and the stripey paper is Charcoal Prints from Dovecraft.  The large snowflake is a Cuttlebug die and the little one a Sizzix die cut.  The ribbon and gems are from my stash and the sentiment is from The Clear Art Stamps Impressions kit.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the colour combo.
Fantastic affect on the image too.

Thanks for joining us at SFCC.

Huggies Angel

Teresa said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. xx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Debs this is gorgeous, have never seen the spotlight effect but it is stunning and very effective on your very cute image, hope you are okay and your mum too, lots of love Steph

Rita said...

Love what you've done, its very pretty. Hugs Rita xx

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Debs! Such a beautiful image, wonderful choice of colours and I love the spotlight area on the stocking! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge and for your lovely comment too:-) Good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Paula (PEP) said...

That spotlighting is amazing - a terrific piece of work - & I love how you've used that small scalloped border around the spotlight too.
Paula (PEP)

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at SFCC this month good luck in the draw x

Max said...

Great technique and beautifully done Debs. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

Wow love this technique. Must try - rotten work is getting in the way of my crafting at the moment.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Helen said...

Fabulous card - keeping the rest of the card B7W makes the 'hotspot' stand out even more!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

xxxtglxxx said...

I think this spotlight/hot-spot technique looks fantastic Debs :) I really wanted to find time to try this this week, but it slipped through my fingers :)

This looks beautiful. Love this image and the spotlight is fabulous.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Debs, great to have you playing along this time with our ABC Christmas Challenge, love this card, love the placement of the hotspot! do hope you get time to make another card too! so much fun this technique :0) hugs Samantha :0)

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !! this is absolutely gorgeous Debs :-) the image is adorable and I love the monochromatic everything else ,,, really striking and fab ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lynne said...

Wow this is beautiful - love this technique - and yours is perfect!! thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club :)
Hugs
Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous card, love the mono and little bit of colour! Thanks for joining in at DCD Christmas Club. Woo xx

Crafting Gill said...

Gorgeous card love it thanks for joining us at SFCC this month good luck
Gill xx

Trisha said...

Great Black and White Xmas Creation! Love the image popping out like that! Thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club! xox Trish

Karen said...

Very nice Debs, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx